Table of contents
Effective Date: December 15th, 2021
Through participation in our membership program and using our Platform, you understand that the Company collects, with the intent to sell, your data, including General Information and Personal Information (“Member Data”), to future partners and other third parties. As such, you consent to the use of Member Data for, but not limited to, market research, marketing, advertising, product development, recruitment, and any other lawful purposes related to the business of the Company.
What We Collect
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us when enrolling into our membership, update or change your information, complete educational courses, sign-up for email updates, send us email messages, or participate in other services on or within our Platform. We may use the Personal Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific products and services you select, send you updates, and send email correspondence about Platform maintenance or updates. We also may use all Member Data, including Personal Information, in operating our business, which you hereby knowingly and voluntarily consent to and permit us to do.
- Shopping and Consumer Information. An important category of Personal Information includes data that is collected is for the intent of market research, merchant acquisition or recruiting, advertising, and other shopping data monetization. The information that we collect for this section is anything submitted, collected, redeemed, or entered by the member from the Global Savings Program (GSP). We will collect and store images of consumer receipts, POS receipts, invoices, and any other image data that is submitted to us. We will also collect and store the retail stores visited, market research data, purchase history through our e-commerce platform, and any other data collected from time to time that will help with the monetization of shopping data and consumer habits.
How We Use Your Information
We use General Information to better customize our services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Platform. We may also use it for other business purposes.
For the benefit of our users and members, we may provide links to external sites operated by third parties to offer you benefits and services that may be of interest to you. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the activities of these third parties or the external sites in which they operate. By choosing to leave our Platform and access an external third-party site, you agree to hold the Company harmless from and against any activities of that site, and you should thoroughly review the privacy and other policies posted on such site to understand their data collection policies.
Data Security Policy
Correcting Personal Information
Please review your Personal Information to ensure that it is correct. If any of your information is incorrect, please either correct it or contact us with the correction. You may log into your account at any time and access, update, or confirm your Personal Information at any time. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support if you have any questions. We will do our best to answer promptly and resolve your issues. However, please note that historical information may remain on our database and other records, which may or may not contain your Personal Information. Please note that we are not responsible for the accuracy of the Personal Information that you provide. If you update the incorrect information, it may cause issues with your use of our Platform, recovery of account, or your participation in our membership program.
International Data Transfer
The Company’s Platform, including websites directed to residents in countries and jurisdictions outside of the United States, is operated and managed on servers located and operated within the United States and South Africa. By using and accessing our Platform, residents and citizens of countries and jurisdictions outside of the United States knowingly and voluntarily agree and consent to the transfer to and the processing of personal information on servers located in the United States and South Africa, and that the protection of such information may be different than that required under the laws of your residence or location.
Treatment of Minors
The Company strongly believes in protecting the privacy of minors. As such, we do not allow the use of, or knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information on our Platform or participation in our membership program from anyone less than 18 years of age, and no part of our Platform or membership are directed to persons less than 18 years of age. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personal Information of persons less than 18 years of age that has been inadvertently collected on our Platform upon learning of the existence of such Personal Information.
Affected rights for European Union website visitors via GDPR
In connection with the data processing presented here, you have the right to:
- Request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of the right to complain, the source of their data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- Demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
- Demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims is required;
- Demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data. Dispute the accuracy of the data that the processing is unlawful or whether we continue to need the data. You can exercise defense of your legal claims where you have objected to the data processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- Receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard, and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another person responsible;
- Revoke your once-given consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent cancellation.
- Contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace.
Withdrawal and Rights Under GDPR
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
You also have the right to revoke consent once given to us at any time. As a result, we will not continue the data processing based on this consent for the future. By the revocation of the consent, the legality of the processing on the basis of the consent until the revocation is not affected. If you would like to exercise your right to revocation or objection, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of the site, your dealings with the site, or wish to update us with your preferences, you may contact us using one of the following methods: