Planning and scheduling time to sell is the most important activity in which a small business can be engaged. There are more things to be done each day than there is time to do them. Does that sound familiar? You are not alone! Sales and marketing often take a back seat to the urgent activities needing to be accomplished each day. If you do not make a conscious effort each day to promote your products and services you will soon be out of business.
Here are a few time tested and proven ideas that will put you on a winning course:
- Set aside time each day to plan your daily activities. You will need about 15 minutes.
- Make a list of all the things that need to be done today.
- Prioritize your list so the most important things will get done.
- Estimate how much time each activity will take (or how much time you are going to devote to that activity). Determine a time frame in which the activity will take place, ie., 8:00 – 8:45, 1:00-3:00, etc.
- If need be, schedule a block of time to accomplish several activities, ie., 9:00 – 12:00 to accomplish 6 different tasks where it may not make any difference which order they are done, but they will all be completed within the 3 hour block of time.
- ALWAYS plan and schedule time for sales activities.
- Think beyond the urgent tasks and schedule time for sales and marketing. If you don’t, things will continue the way they have always been, and sales will take a back seat to everything else and won’t get done.
Plan each day and watch your sales increase!